Bunk beds are one of the most versatile of all furnishings. Once thought to be useful only for kid’s rooms, today bunk beds, as made by BUNKS-N-US, go way beyond those old traditional ideas. Our adult bunk beds are used in dormitories, hotels, resorts and camps – you name it. We even have our adult solid wood bunk beds in oil drilling rigs in the Gulf of Mexico. Anywhere you would like to maximize the number of people sleeping in a given floor space is the place to put our bunk beds.
- Make your bed daily: A bed that is properly made up looks much more inviting than one that has not been. It is ready to crawl into instantly when you are ready to go to sleep. Additionally, making up your bed each day means that you will not have to struggle to put everything in its place thereby wasting time and losing sleep.
- Use heated blankets: Your body needs to be at an optimal temperature in order to facilitate sleep. Too cold and you will shiver all night trying to sleep. Too hot and you will sweat, toss and turn uncomfortably all night. Try using a heated blanket and experiment with its settings. Also, turn it on 15 minutes prior to going to sleep so that it is ready when you are.
- Use a pillow that specifically suits you: Be as selective in your choice of pillows as you are in your choice of a mattress. Studies show that just as people have different sleep needs when it comes to mattresses, they also have those needs when it comes to selecting a pillow or pillows.
- Use essential oils: Studies show that certain scents can set off a chain reaction that helps activate our immune system, alter blood pressure and release endorphins. This is one of the reasons the aromatherapy market is so popular. Lavender, peppermint, and rosemary are three scents that are known to have a relaxing effect.
- Find a quality comforter: Comforters are excellent for putting one in a weightless, relaxed state. They are almost like being in a cocoon and are especially comfortable on cold, fall/winter nights.
In short, if you have trouble sleeping it may be something as simple as your bed. Your bed should be the most comfortable and welcoming item in your home. Our wooden bunk beds can be made to be just as comfortable as any other kind of bed. Plus, our solid wood bunk beds are sturdy, loved by kids – who find adventure and comfort in them – and are reasonably priced.